Polenta Plum Cobbler (V)
Cake and Whisky
Sharp, sweet, crunchy, crumbly and comforting all at once; Give this polenta plum cobbler a try - you'll see, it's a-maize-ing!
- 1 g red or greengage plums, washed, dried, stoned and quartered
- runny honey
- 75 g fine polenta
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- In a large bowl, combine the polenta, flour and sugar.
- Add the butter and mix until combined (you should get a fine crumbley texture).
- Add Greek yoghurt, adjusting the quantities until a crumbly dough comes together.
- Flour well and rest in the fridge from at least 25 min, then use your hands to spread onto a well-floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut up circles into the dough.
- Place the quartered plums into one big or several small oven-proof dish(es).
- Drizzle with some honey (I used about 1 tsp/portion but that'd vary depending on the variety of plums you use) and top with the polenta cobbler dough.
- Bake for 30-35min at 180°C (gas mark 6, 350°F).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.