Pomegranate Mulled Cider
The View From the Great Island
Pomegranate Mulled Cider ~ a delicately spiced, antioxidant rich, and deliciously non-alcoholic way to ring in the New Year! Plus tips for how to give up alcohol.
- 128 ounces apple cider
- 16 ounces pure pomegranate juice
- several sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 10 green cardamom pods (crushed)
- 5 whole cloves
- 0.5 tsp whole peppercorns
- Put the juices in a large pot, or slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring up to a simmer. Turn down the heat and let steep for at least an hour.
- Strain before serving.