Quick & Easy Seafood Risotto
You Totally Got This
You will love this quick and easy seafood risotto recipe. There's no stirring and it takes 30 minutes to cook. It is the perfect hassle free weeknight meal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 small red capsicum
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of smokey paprika
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 400g g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of chicken stock
- 300g g seafood mix
- 0.5 cup of peas
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 0.5 cup of flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat a large saucepan or frying pan with lid over a medium heat and add olive oil. While, the oil is heating roughly chop the onion and deseed and chop the capsicum.
- Sauté the onion, capsicum and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the smokey paprika and rice and stir until fully coated.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock, stir and bring to the boil. Once the liquid has boiled reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 15 -20 minutes stirring occasionally. The risotto will be ready when the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the marinara mix, peas, spinach and parsley and stir through. Cook for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are warmed through and the spinach has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top. Serve with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.