Quinoa, Feta and Pistachio-Stuffed Acorn Squash
From a Chef's Kitchen
Acorn squash is perfect for filling with all sorts of delicious things! Quinoa, Feta and Pistachio-Stuffed Acorn Squash is a showstopping autumn side dish or vegetarian entree.
- 2 small acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.25 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 0.5 cup quinoa
- 0.25 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 0.33333333333333 cup feta cheese
- 0.33333333333333 cup roasted and salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil or parchment paper. Brush cut side of squash with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 12-15 minutes or until the water is almost absorbed and the germ is just beginning to appear. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 10-15 minutes or until cooked and fluffy. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Add parsley, chives, feta cheese, pistachios and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Divide filling among squash and serve immediately.