Rainbow Salmon Skewers
The View From the Great Island
Rainbow Salmon Skewers are easy, healthy, and so fun to make ~ these colorful fish kabobs are gorgeous, too, and make a quick and delicious 30 minute meal ~ have you eaten the rainbow today?
- 12 oz salmon fillet
- ½ each of a red, green yellow, and orange bell pepper
- ¼ large red onion
- olive oil ((divided))
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- Cut the salmon into 1 1/2 inch chunks. You are going to need approximately 12 pieces.
- Cut the peppers into 1 1/2 inch square pieces
- Cut the red onion into similar sized chunks and separate the layers.
- Thread your skewers alternately with the onions and peppers, and then the salmon. Leave some room at the base so you can handle them easily.
- Brush the skewers liberally on both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cook on a hot grill, turning once, until the fish is cooked through and the veggies are softened a bit. Don't overcook!
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island