Ras Omelette is a delicious street food from Goa. Omelette served in a spicy tomato gravy is a hearty protein packed treat for any time of the day.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger+garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 cups tomato puree
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder (adjust as per taste preference)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- to taste Salt
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- to taste Salt Pepper
- as Needed Red Onion (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions, ginger+garlic paste and turmeric. Cook until the onions are lightly browned around the edges.
- Add the tomato puree, red chili powder; cover and cook for 5~6 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, garam masala and salt. Cook for 3~4 minutes. Keep the ras warm while you make the omelette.
- Whisk eggs with mint, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour ¼ of the egg mixture and cook till set, Flip gently and cook for another minute. Remove from pan and repeat with the remaining egg mixture.
- To serve, take some ras in a serving bowl and top it with an the omelette and garnish with chopped onions (if using). Enjoy!!