Raspberry Slab Pie
The View From the Great Island
Raspberry Slab Pie is a luxe dessert for berry season ~ I've used refrigerated pie crust to make it quick and easy, just add tons of fresh berries!
- 2 packages (containing 2 single crusts each) refrigerated pie crusts, or dough for 2 double crusts
- 24 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- cream for brushing onto the pie crust (optional)
- coarse sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Take two of the pie crusts and layer them one on top of the other. Roll them out of a floured surface to fit a 9x13 pan. the dough should come up the sides about 2 inches.
- Toss the berries with the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Turn them out into the pan and spread them out evenly.
- Layer the remaining 2 pie crusts and roll out to fit over the raspberries. I just rolled the dough and used the bottom of the pan as a guide to cut the dough to the exact shape.
- Cut a few slits in the dough to allow steam to escape while baking. Brush the crust with cream and dust with sugar, if using. Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Let cool before slicing.