Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
The Honey Blonde
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp red food coloring (or more to get to desired color)
- 2-2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 0.25 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chorizo beans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, vinegar, and food coloring until just combined.
- Mix in cocoa powder and 1 cup of flour until barely combined Add in remaining flour and salt 1/2 cup at a time until dough is tacky and no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Turn dough out on to a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap up and place in the fridge until ready to use. Dough can be rolled out right away if your in a pinch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on the counter top. Roll dough out on the parchment paper, using minimal flour to keep the rolling pin from sticking.
- Cut dough out to the desired shapes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until just barely brown around the edge.