Roast Duck with Autumn Vegetables
Roast Duck with Autumn Vegetables is the perfect celebration of Autumn. With a crispy skin and delicious juicy meat is a great Thanksgiving roast.
- 1 duck, entrails removed (about 2 kg)
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp red paprika
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dcl stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 dcl white wine
- The night before give the duck a good wash and then dry it with paper towels.
- Prepare seasoning: in a small bowl put 3 teaspoons salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp ground dry garlic, 1 tsp red paprika and mix well.
- Gently rub the seasoning into the duck skin, covering every inch. Then, with a fork, poke a few holes into the breast skin (this will help air circulate and make the skin crisp).
- Roughly chop an onion and a few garlic cloves, and place it under the duck in a bowl. Cover the duck and set in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 180°C. Get the duck out of the fridge, remove the cover and place duck onto a baking tray. Chop the remaining vegetables, the apple and orange into large chunks and place around the duck, add bay leaves and pour a dash of white wine and some stock over the bird and vegetables. Place the duck into the preheated oven to bake for about 2,5 hours.
- While the bird is roasting, make sure to keep it moist by pouring over the juices from the baking tray every 15 minutes or so. Roast the bird until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates