Roasted Cauliflower with Black Olive Pangrattato
From a Chef's Kitchen
Roasted Cauliflower with Black Olive Pangrattato is how to take roasted cauliflower from amazing to incredible!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ½ cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin) (divided)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup whole-grain coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- zest of large lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil, season with salt and black pepper to taste and gently toss to distribute oil and seasonings.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and stir, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add garlic. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped Kalamata olives, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and additional salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in parsley.
- Place cauliflower on a serving platter or shallow bowl. Spoon pangrattato over cauliflower, drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve immediately.