Rosemary Chicken Skewers
The View From the Great Island
Rosemary Chicken Skewers ~ tender chunks of marinated chicken and rainbow veggies threaded onto fragrant spears of fresh rosemary ~ can you say delish?
- 4 Organic Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 12 oz Pre made Tzatziki Cucumber Dressing
- 8 sturdy sprigs of fresh rosemary (about 12 inches long)
- ½ red onion (cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1 small zucchini (sliced into 1 inch rounds)
- 1 small yellow squash ( sliced into 1 inch rounds)
- 1 small Japanese eggplant ( sliced into 1 inch rounds)
- about 8 small potatoes ( pre-steamed or roasted)
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colours ( cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the chicken breasts into even 1 1/2 inch chunks. Put them in a bowl or a zip lock baggie and toss with 1/2 cup of the tzatziki dressing. Make sure all of the chicken is coated, and add more dressing if necessary. Seal and refrigerate for an hour, or up to overnight.
- Soak the rosemary stems in cold water while you prep your ingredients.
- Thread the rosemary with the chicken and vegetables, starting at the bottom of the stem and threading upward. You can use a metal or wooden skewer to pierce holes in the chicken and veggies first to make it easier to get it onto the rosemary.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken id done through and registers 165F on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve right away, with more dressing on the side for dipping or drizzling.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island