Salmon with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
The View From the Great Island
Salmon with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa ~ this is a healthy meal for a warm night, and the spicy fruit salsa can double as an appetizer ~ just add chips!
- ½ pineapple ( peeled and cut into a fine dice)
- 1 jalapenos (diced, seeds and all, scoop out the innards for less heat)
- a big handful of fresh cilantro leaves (rough chopped)
- 2 juice of limes
- 6 salmon fillets ( about 5-6 ounces each)
- olive oil ((divided))
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 400F
- Pile the pineapple, jalapenos, and cilantro in a bowl and squeeze the juice of 2 limes over it all. Give it a good toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make sure the oven is at 400F. Put the salmon on a baking sheet or baking pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 20 minutes or until the salmon is just done through and flakes easily,
- Serve the salmon immediately, topped with the salsa. Note: you will have extra salsa.