Salmon and Zucchini Burgers
The View From the Great Island
Tender and juicy Salmon and Zucchini Burgers are an elegant 30 minute meal, and the perfect way to stretch a delicious but pricey fish.
makes 6-8 small burgers
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked leftover salmon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 0.5 cup cracker or bread crumbs (I used Ritz cracker crumbs)
- 3 tbsp fresh dill leaves (finely chopped)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cracker or bread crumbs (I used Ritz cracker crumbs)
- tartar sauce
- sliced green onions
- lemon wedges
- quick tartar sauce
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp relish
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the salmon, breaking apart any large chunks gently with your fingers as you add it.
- If your zucchini is very wet, squeeze out the excess moisture in a paper towel. I generally find that I don't have to do this. Add the zucchini, scallions, crumbs, dill, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop out the mixture and form into round patties. Set on a plate, cover well, and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and heat on medium until hot. Fry the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy on the outside, and hot throughout. I use my spatula to flatten them slightly in the pan.
- Serve immediately on a bed of fresh greens, topped with the tartar sauce, more green onions, and a wedge of lemon.
- To make the sauce blend the ingredients together and taste to adjust to your liking.