Salted Maple Pot de Creme with Bourbon Whipped Cream
The View From the Great Island
Salted Maple Pot de Creme with Bourbon Whipped Cream is a rich, creamy dessert that is proof positive that not all decadent sweets have to involve chocolate.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.33333333333333 cup maple syrup
- 0.5 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- bourbon whipped cream
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- sea salt
- freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Whisk the yolks, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, salt, and heavy cream together in a heavy saucepan and heat over medium to medium high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
- Pour through a mesh sieve and then fill 3 or 4 small cups, bowls, or remekins with the hot mixture. let cool and then refrigerate until fully chilled and firmed up, at least several hours or overnight.