Sausages With Chickpea Mash & Braised Red Cabbage
Beans are a cheap storecupboard staple – great for bulking up stews and soups.
- 8 reduced fat pork sausages (medium, grilled)
- 4 spray cooking spray (calorie controlled)
- 400 g cabbage red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 4 cloves (individual, whole or ground)
- 2 shallots (medium, finely diced)
- 2 clove(s) Garlic crushed
- 2 sprig Rosemary (fresh leaves picked and chopped)
- 2 can(s), large, drained Chick Peas, cooked drained and rinsed
- ¼ cube chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoons half fat crème frâiche (level)
- 1 tablespoons parsley (fresh chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Cook the sausages in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mist a large pan with cooking spray, add the cabbage, vinegar, jelly, cloves and a little water. Season. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, mist a pan with cooking spray and fry the shallots, garlic and rosemary for 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and stock and cook for 2 minutes. Season, then mash and stir through the crème fraîche and parsley. Serve with the sausages and cabbage.
View the recipe instructions at www.weightwatchers.com