Simply Pumpkin Muffins
From a Chef's Kitchen
Simply Pumpkin Muffins are deliciously light and uncomplicated with all the fall pumpkin flavor you love!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups sugar
- 0.5 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can
- 0.25 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
- Beat egg whites and egg until blended. Add sugar, applesauce, pumpkin and oil and whisk until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through pumpkin pie spice in a separate bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir until dry ingredients are incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature then store in an airtight container.