Slow Cooker Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Andouille, Ham and Bacon and the Raise Gift Card Marketplace App
From a Chef's Kitchen
Slow Cooker Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Andouille, Ham and Bacon is hearty comfort food that’s easy and perfect for a winter night! #ad #sponsored #LifeonRaise
- water, for soaking beans
- 1 bag
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 6 cloves garlic
- 7 cups water or unsalted chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons roasted chicken base
- 1 package (1-pound) Andouille sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 package (8-ounce) diced ham
- 4 slices bacon,
- 0.5 cup fresh parsley
- cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Approximately 1 hour before starting the slow cooker, bring a saucepan full of water (large enough to hold all the beans when they expand) to a boil. Add the beans, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine beans, onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic, water (or unsalted chicken broth) and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Cook 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- When the beans have approximately 1 hour to go on high or 2 hours to go on low, add Cajun seasoning, tomatoes, tomato paste, roasted chicken base, sausage, ham and bacon. Cover and complete slow cooker cycle.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Add parsley, cayenne and salt and black pepper to taste and serve.