Small Batch Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
The Honey Blonde
- 1 lb thick cut bone-in pork chops
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp coriander
- ½ cup chicken stock ((good quality))
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices. Rub the spice mixture on both sides of the of the pork chops. If possible, let chops sit for at least a hour if not overnight.
- When ready to cook, place pork chops in the bottom of the stoneware of the slow cooker. In a measuring cup mix together chicken stock, vinegar, honey, and liquid smoke. Pour into slow cooker, but not on top of the pork chops. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- With two forks, shred the pork into small pieces and remove the bones. Serve with your favorite vinegar based barbecue sauce and cole slaw.