Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies are the cookies of your dreams --- soft and chewy and so easy to make!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 350F
- Cut the butter into tablespoon pieces and put in a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for about 3-40 seconds until it's mostly melted.
- Beat in the two sugars until light and fluffy, a couple of minutes.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla, and then stir in the dry ingredients, When the dry ingredients are almost incorporated, go ahead and add the chocolate chips, and continue to mix just until everything is nicely incorporated.
- I use a 1 7/8 cookie scoop to scoop up the dough, and then roll it in my hands to make a round ball. You should have enough dough for about 14 cookies. If yours are smaller or larger, adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes. The cookies will be puffy and pale, with just a few cracks starting to be visible along the edges.
- Let cool on the pan a few minutes and then move to a rack. Dig in while they are warm, or wait for them to cool, you are the boss!
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island