Soft Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Soft Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate back to school treat whether you pack them in a lunch, use them as a homework bribe, or just keep them for yourself!
makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies
- ½ cup, 1 stick, butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 350F
- Slice the butter into chunks and microwave for about 3-40 seconds until it's mostly melted.
- Beat in the two sugars until light and fluffy, and then blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients,
- When the dry ingredients are almost incorporated, go ahead and add the chocolate chips, and continue to mix just until everything is nicely incorporated.
- I use a 1 7/8 cookie scoop to scoop out the dough, and then flatten slightly just slightly with my fingers. I like to add a couple of extra chocolate chips to the surface of the dough before I bake them.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. The cookies will look puffy and pale, but that's what you want for a soft textured cookie.
- Let cool on the pan briefly and then move to a rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island