Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is a delicious way to turn a creamy dip into an incredible dinner! Serve it with a creamy sauce for added flavor!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (optional )))
- pepper (to season)
- 4 oz frozen spinach (thawed)
- 8 oz block cream cheese ((( light or reduced fat ), at room temp)
- 6 oz artichoke hearts in brine (bottled, or canned, finely chopped)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt (to taste)
- spinach dip (remaining)
- 1 cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface. Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach and discard the water. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Stuff chicken with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon. Reserve the leftover dip for later.*
- Seal chicken breasts with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden. Flip and sear on the other side, covering pan with a lid, until cooked through, (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a warm plate to make the cream sauce.
- Combine half and half or heavy cream with the remaining dip (you should have exactly half remaining). Stir until sauce is combined and thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately!
View the recipe instructions at cafedelites.com