Spinach and chickpeas quinoa
Quinoa with chickpeas and baby spinach is a simple and wholesome healthy recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas (you may use canned or cook them from scratch)
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- Rinse the quinoa under running water 2-3 times, then put it in a medium pan with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat, for around 20 minutes, or until it has absorbed all the water.
- While the quinoa is cooking clean and chop the spinach and parsley and set aside.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the spinach.
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, discard the soaking liquid and add them to the chopped spinach.
- Once the quinoa is ready, add it to the spinach, tomatoes and chickpea mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and add pumpkin seeds and olive oil.
- If you are using the lemon, squeeze half a lemon and add also its zest with you want it to be more lemony.
- Enjoy immediately or pour it into an airtight container to bring it to work.
View the recipe instructions at Mandarina