Sprouted Ragi Dosa
Sprouted Ragi Dosa is nutritious and delicious South Indian Breakfast that is great to serve with some chutney and sambar.
- 1 cup Ragi (Finger Millet)
- ¾ cup parboiled rice
- ¾ cup Rice (I used sonamasoori rice)
- ½ cup Urad dal (black gram dal)
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- to taste Salt
- Wash and rinse ragi. Soak them in enough water for 8~10 hours. Drain the water and place the ragi in a thin muslin cloth or cheese cloth. Cover and place it in a dark place at room temperature for another 10~12 hours until the ragi starts to sprout.
- Soak urad dal and methi seeds in a bowl for 8~10 hours. In a separate bowl, soak both the rice.
- Drain the water from the rice and grind to a slightly coarse mixture.
- Drain and grind urad dal and methi seeds into a smooth paste. Add just enough water while grinding.
- Finally mix ragi sprouts into a smooth paste.
- Mix urad dal, rice and sprouts. Mix well. Add salt to taste. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 10~12 hours or until the batter ferments.
- Heat tawa and pour about 1/4 cup of dosa batter and spread it out evenly. Drizzle with some oil and let the dosa cook until golden brown, about 1~2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with chutney.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout