Super Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake
The View From the Great Island
Super Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake ~ a soft pillowy cake with a simple flavor profile and a retro vibe (no one will guess it starts with a boxed cake mix!)
- Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can use regular milk)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- cinnamon Sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp cold (or frozen) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F Spray and flour a 9x12 pan.
- Whisk together the cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil just until thoroughly combined. Lumps are fine.
- Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon,
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the top. Repeat with the remaining batter, and sprinkle the rest of the sugar over the top.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the butter right over the top of the cake, and let shreds fall evenly across the surface.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes, or just until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island