Super Spicy Chicken Tacos
- 6 chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ lime (juice)
- 8 Tacos (small, soft, (( 10 cm diameter )))
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- guacamole ((( recipe here )))
- sour cream
- Sriracha hot sauce
- 150 g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked hot paprika
- ½ red chilli (small, finely sliced)
- 1 handful fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- salt (seasoning)
- Remove excess fat from the chicken thighs and then slice each one into three strips, set aside.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, season with black pepper.
- Add the chicken and coat thoroughly. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes but preferably up to 24 hours.
- Place a cast iron griddle pan on a high heat for at least 5 minutes until close to smoking hot. Add the chicken in small batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Turn the chicken every 30 seconds to a minute and cook for 2-3 minutes. Heat a frying pan on a low-medium heat. Transfer the griddled chicken to the frying pan to heat through for 5-10 minutes.
- For the charred sweetcorn, add a little oil to a frying pan on a high heat. Add all the ingredients to a pan, mix together so evenly coated then leave to char. Aggravate the pan every minute or so to prevent them from sticking. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until charred.
- Cook the soft tacos in a dry frying pan according to packet instructions.
- Assemble the tacos. Spoon guacamole on the bottom, followed by a few strips of chicken. Spoon on some of the charred sweetcorn, followed by sour cream, coriander and sriracha hot sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at www.globescoffers.com