Sweet peperonata salad
BBC Good Food
Drizzle colourful roasted peppers with a tangy honey dressing to make this vibrant side dish - the ideal offering to take to a barbecue or buffet
- 10 red peppers (large, or yellow, or make up the equivalent with smaller ones)
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil (good-quality)
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- ½ white onion (small, finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (fat, crushed to a paste)
- 85 g golden sultanas
- pack flat-leaf parsley (small, roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp capers (rinsed)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Halve and deseed the peppers, then roughly cut into large chunks. Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and honey with some seasoning to make a dressing. Spoon two-thirds into a shallow roasting tin with the peppers, toss together, then roast for 1 hr until the peppers are very soft and just starting to char at the edges. Meanwhile, mix the onion and garlic into the remaining dressing. Stir the sultanas into the peppers and roast for 10 mins more.
- Let the peppers cool for 10 mins, then transfer to a platter or large bowl, scatter over the parsley, capers and remaining dressing before tossing everything together.
View the recipe instructions at BBC Good Food