Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta
Delicious Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta – a perfect quick meal for the whole family to dig in enjoy.
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 150 g carrot (finely diced, or grated)
- 150 g zucchini (finely diced, or grated)
- ½ yellow pepper (chopped)
- ½ green pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Passata (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tbs tomato paste (puree)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbs dried italian herbs
- 1 tbs basil (fresh chopped)
- 250 g pasta (uncooked)
- 4 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- ½ tbs sukrin
- black pepper (to season)
- parsley (fresh, chopped)
- olive oil cooking spray (any low-calorie spray oil is fine)
- Spray a deep frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot, plus a small pinch of salt and fry for approx 5 mins to soften, add in a little stock if needed to prevent sticking or burning
- Add in the garlic, basil and Italian herbs and fry for a further 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the pasta, chopped peppers, stock, passata, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and sukrin: 1 and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 12-15 minutes, until stock reduces down and cooks the pasta. (add a little water if needed if pasta is still firm)
- When the pasta is almost cooked, stir in the peas and zucchini and heat till cooked.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Can also top with some cheese as part of your healthy extra A allowance.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingeats.com