Syn Free Spicy Mexican Chicken Lasagne
Spicy Mexican Chicken Lasagne - all the delicious flavours of Mexican food in this family-friendly lasagne recipe.
- 600 g extra lean ground chicken (mince, or turkey)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 9 tablespoons Quark
- 2 cups tomatoes (crushed, or use passata but then also add 2 tbs of tomato paste / puree)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ tbs of sukrin: gold (or another sweetener of choice)
- 120 g cheddar (4 x hea’s)
- 100 g mozzarella (2 x hea's)
- 8 oven-ready lasagne sheets (may need slightly more or less depending on dish dimensions)
- 2 vine tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- pepper (to season)
- cooking oil spray
- 2 spring onions (sliced thinly or chopped coriander, cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water, vinegar, spices and sukrin gold (sweetener)Â to a small saucepan, bring to the boil and lower head to a bubbling simmer, until sauce reduces down and thickens slightly.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking oil spray and add the ground chicken, peppers, onion and garlic.
- Cook until ground chicken is browned, remove from heat and stir in the quark until all combined.
- Add half the chicken mixture to an large rectangle oven proof dish and spread out evenlyÂ
- Add 4 lasagne sheets over the top and half the spicy tomato sauce.
- Top with the other half of the chicken mixture, another 4 lasagne sheets and then pour the remaining spicy sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and cheddar and top with 6 slices of tomato.
- Season the top with some salt and black pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approx 20 mins, then remove the foil and return to the oven for another 20mins until cheese on top is browned. (you can place under the broil/grill for an additional 5 mins if you really want to brown up the top)
- Sprinkle with some chopped spring onions or coriander and serve with a sides of your choice
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingeats.com