Syrian Rice Pudding
Syrian Rice Pudding is a creamy and delicious rice pudding flavored with rose essence. It is perfect to serve chilled for dessert or even for breakfast.
- Ritz Cracker
- 3 cups milk (I used a combination of almond milk and regular milk)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- Ritz Cracker (adjust as per taste)
- 3 tbsp pistachios (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Dried Rose petals (crushed)
- In a medium heavy bottom pan, combine the rice and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- While the rice is cooking, whisk together milk, sugar, corn starch and rose water. Make sure that the corn starch mixes well without any lumps.
- Add the milk to the rice and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil, simmer stirring occasionally. Cook till the mixture thickens and rice is completely cooked through.
- Divide the pudding between the serving bowls, cover the top with plastic wrap and chill at least 2~3 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and dried rose petals and serve.