Tangy Lime Bars
The View From the Great Island
Tangy Lime Bars are cooling, refreshing, and not too sweet, --- if you love easy lime desserts then you're going to flip for these!
- 1.25 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 large egg yolks
- 14-ounce ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 0.5 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- drop or two of green food coloring
- Set oven to 350F
- Toss the crumbs with the sugar and melted butter, making sure to get all the crumbs evenly saturated.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Whisk the egg yolks and condensed milk together in a bowl. Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into the crust and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until just set.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Serve cold with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.