The Sloppy Santa
The View From the Great Island
The Sloppy Santa and 9 Other Naughty Nightcaps ~ warm and cozy spiked winter beverages that take cocoa, toddies, and eggnot to a whole new level!
- 1 cup eggnog (if you want to make it homemade, see recipe below)
- 1 and 1/2 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce spiced rum
- whipped CREAM
- freshly grated nutmeg
- homemade Egg Nog (this will make 3 servings)
- 6 egg yolks
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat the eggnog in a small saucepan until it barely comes to a simmer. Add the brandy and rum and pour into a mug. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- To make your own eggnog, first whisk together the egg yolks with the sugar until well combined.
- Heat the half and half and nutmeg in a saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Add a ladle of the hot liquid to the egg yolks while whisking. Add another ladle, whisking again, and a third, still whisking. Add the yolk mixture to the pan, whisking or stirring constantly over medium heat until it starts to thicken. (Don't let it boil.)