Tomato Fusilli Soup
Rustic Tomato Fusilli Soup is a simple dinner recipe that uses pantry items to make a gourmet one pot meal! This healthy recipe is gluten and dairy free.
- 1 teaspoons avocado oil OR olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock OR broth
- 12 oz butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2½ cups gluten free fusilli pasta
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and salt and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant. Add in the tomato paste and sauté, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste has darkened in color and is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, butternut squash, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup has simmered, use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to puree the soup. Return it to the pot and stir in the fire roasted tomatoes, honey, and pasta. Cook over low heat until the pasta is al dente. Serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds