Baked Fish with Cherry Tomato-Olive Sauce and Lemon Chive Asiago Orzo
From a Chef's Kitchen
Baked Fish with Cherry Tomato-Olive Sauce and Lemon Chive Asiago Orzo makes a light, healthful, easy springtime dinner for two!
- fish AND SAUCE
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives (halved)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large sprig fresh basil leaves ( thinly sliced)
- lemon wedges
- 1 cup orzo
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 8 oz fish fillets (tilapia, barramundi, trout, sole, flounder, etc)
- FISH AND SAUCE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tomatoes on a nonstick baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl along with all the juices.
- Place the fish on the baking sheet, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add olives to tomatoes along with garlic, wine and red pepper flakes. Just before serving, add the fresh basil. Serve with orzo and lemon wedges.
- ORZO: Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook to the al dente stage.
- Drain in a sieve or colander then return to the saucepan. Add the butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice and cheese. Stir until butter is melted them add chives. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen