Baked Orzo with Pesto Peas Prosciutto and Mascarpone
From a Chef's Kitchen
Baked Orzo with Pesto, Peas, Prosciutto and Mascarpone is perfect as a side dish or main dish.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups COOKED orzo pasta (approximately 2 cups dry orzo pasta)
- 1 cup peas, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 3 ounces prosciutto (chopped)
- ¾ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- ¾ cup prepared pesto
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small baking dish (like an 8 x 8-inch square) with cooking spray.
- Combine cooked orzo, peas, prosciutto, cream or half-and-half, pesto, mascarpone and half the Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling. Let rest 5 minutes then serve.