Triple Chocolate Brownies
Three types of chocolate in one delicious, squidgy brownie! Need I say more?
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate (I use Green and Blacks 70% cocoa (broken up))
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs ((beaten))
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g plain flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 50 g white cooking chocolate (I use Green and Blacks (cut into small pieces))
- 50 g milk cooking chocolate (I use Green and Blacks (cut into small pieces))
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas 4. Prepare your lined tin - I use a 20.5 x 30.5cm one. Put the butter in a heatproof bowl along with the dark chocolate.
Place a small amount of boiling water into a saucepan and rest the heatproof bowl with the butter and chocolate on top, then melt the contents on a low heat. You don't want the water to boil. Once melted set aside.
- Add the sugar and eggs to your electric mixer then whisk for about two minutes until your mixture is slightly frothy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl and whisk in for a few minutes until all your mixture is all combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into your mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until all combined.
- Add your chocolate chunk pieces and stir in.
- Add your mixture to your prepared tin and pour in evenly. Gently bang the tin on the work surface to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Carefully place them in the oven for 20 minutes. To test the brownies are cooked put a metal skewer in and it should come out clean.
- Leave the brownies to cool before cutting up into squares. Simply have them on their own or with an afternoon cup of coffee. Enjoy!