Triple Coconut Pound Cake
The View From the Great Island
My Triple Coconut Pound Cake is a triple threat coconut cake for serious coconut lovers only ~ this moist loaf cake goes from breakfast to dessert!
- Set oven to 350F
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix the evaporated milk with the extracts, and add alternately to the bowl with the dry ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry. Don't over mix the batter.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and turn into a greased and floured loaf pan. Smooth out the top and bake for about 55 minutes until risen, golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. (Moist crumbs are ok)
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack. let cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze by mixing the confectioner's sugar and extract with enough liquid to make a spreadable glaze. Top the glazed cake with more shredded coconut.