Turkey Chilli Jacket Potatoes
BBC Good Food
Turkey mince is cheap and lean - flavour Mexican-style with cumin and paprika and serve in crisp baked potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes (large)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 300 g turkey mince
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 350 ml Passata
- reduced-fat red leicester (grated, to serve)
- 4 spring onions (chopped, to serve)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all over. Rub with a little of the oil, and bake for 45 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the chilli. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and some seasoning, and cook for 5 mins until soft. Add the turkey mince and season again, then increase the heat and break up the mince with the back of your spoon. When it’s cooked through, add the spices, vinegar, sugar and passata. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 mins or until the liquid has reduced.
- Cut a cross in the top of each potato and spoon in the chilli. Serve each potato sprinkled with cheese and spring onions.
View the recipe instructions at BBC Good Food