Turkish Turkey Meatball Wraps with Tzatziki
From a Chef's Kitchen
Turkish Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps are healthful, light, easy, fun and so flavorful! It's the perfect summer dinner full of fresh ingredients!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 cup chopped parsley, preferably flat-leaf
- 1 tablespoon baharat*
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- for SERVING
- 16 large Boston lettuce leaves
- thinly sliced red onion
- tomato wedges
- mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Alternately, line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil and spray.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in egg.
- Add the turkey and mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Combine tzatziki ingredients in a bowl.
- TO SERVE
- Top lettuce leaves with tzatziki, top with 2 or 3 meatballs, onion slices, a tomato wedge, pistachios and mint leaves. Roll up and enjoy!