Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
These vegan almond butter brownies are a unique twist on the traditional brownie, using way healthier ingredients. Rather than butter, we’re using coconut oil and almond butter.
- ¼ cup coconut oil (softened)
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs ((( 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water )))
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup quinoa flour (toasted)
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together coconut oil and almond butter until creamy. Add sugar, vanilla, flax eggs, and almond milk, and beat until combined.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to wet, mixing until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and bake on the center rack for 22 - 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.
View the recipe instructions at www.simplyquinoa.com