Vegan Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad
Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad is a protein packed and fiber rich dish that is hearty and delicious. This salad is great to serve as a side dish.
- 1 cup Black Beluga Lentils, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Drain and rinse the lentils. Place them in a medium saucepan along with 2cups water. Bring the water to a boil; lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 15~18 minutes.
- Drain any extra water from the lentils and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Steam the broccoli until tender and add to the lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the thinly sliced red onion. Mix well.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Stir in the dressing into the lentil mixture, mix well. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve warm or at room temperature.