Vegan Chickpea "Tuna" Salad
Sweet Potato Soul by Jenné Claiborne
Chickpea tuna is the perfect summer recipe for any occasion from daily lunches, to beach days, to a Forth of July cookout. Only takes a few minutes to make!
- 14 oz can of salt-free chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ? cup vegan mayo (Just Mayo is my favorite brand) OR ¼ cup + 2 tbsp mashed avocado
- 1 tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp ume plum vinegar (add a splash more if you are using avocado instead of mayo)
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 celery rib (chopped)
- 2 tbsp minced green onion or red onion or shallot
- ? tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ? tsp cayenne pepper (more to taste) or crushed chili flakes
- 4 leaves romaine or kale
- seasoned nori, or unseasoned
- toasted bread
- Place the chickpeas, Just mayo, mustard, ume vinegar, celery seeds, celery, onion, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until incorporated and minced. Careful not to overblend. You shouldn't be pulsing more than 20 seconds.
- Serve over toast with romaine lettuce and nori.
View the recipe instructions at Sweet Potato Soul by Jenné Claiborne