Vegetarian Paprikash with Dumplings
Vegetarian Paprikash with dumplings is spicy veggie stew with eggy dumplings.
- 1 carrot (Medium , chopped)
- 1 red pepper (Medium , chopped)
- 1 onion (Medium , chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (Medium , chopped)
- 1 tbsp Wholewheat Flour
- 3 tbsp parsley (- , finely chopped)
- 2 tsp paprika (Sweet)
- ½ tsp paprika (Hot)
- 1 bay leaf
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- 3 ~ 4 tbsp Wholewheat flour
- 1 egg
- to taste Sea salt
- Make the Dumplings: Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Stir in the yolk and sea salt. Whisk until well combined. Stir in 1tbsp flour at a time and beat until a creamy batter forms.
- Take about ½tbsp of batter and put in boiling water. Dip the spoon in cold water and repeat making the dumplings. Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- When done, turn off the heat and keep the pot covered until the stew is ready.
- Make the stew: Heat 1tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add onions and saute for 2~3 minutes or until translucent. Next add carrots, red pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add ½cup of water and simmer for 7~8 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf and hot & sweet paprika. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and ½cup water into a smooth paste. Pour into the simmer stew and cook for 2~3 minutes or until it gets thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Drain the dumplings and add to the stew. Serve hot!!