Vietnamese Pho Salad Bowl
You Totally Got This
Hands up who loves a big bowl of Vietnamese pho soup? Then you will love this Vietnamese pho salad bowl for summer.
- 300 g rump steak sliced thinly
- 2 cups of beef stock
- ½ onion roughly sliced
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 star anise
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 200 g bag coleslaw mix
- 1 handful bean shoots
- ½ cup chopped mint and coriander
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 long red chilli
- crushed peanuts or cashews to serve
- Add the vermicelli noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. When done drain them and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the beef stock, onion, ginger, garlic, and star anise in a saucepan and bring it to the boil. Add the beef, reduce the temperature to low and give it a stir.
- While the beef is cooking, cut the cucumber into sticks, combine the mint and coriander in a bowl with the coleslaw mix, and make the dressing by mixing together the lime juice, fish sauce, rice malt syrup and chilli flakes (I like to shake all the dressing ingredients in a jar).
- After 5 minutes or when the beef is done to your liking (I like mine slightly pink in the middle) remove it with a slotted spoon, and add it to a bowl with the noddles, cucumber, bean shoots and coleslaw mix.
- Pour over the dressing, and sprinkle with fresh chilli and crushed nuts to serve.
View the recipe instructions at You Totally Got This