Warm Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
From a Chef's Kitchen
Warm Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad makes a hearty vegetarian main course salad or the perfect side dish for grilled meat, poultry or seafood.
- 1 large head cauliflower (separated into florets)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus 1/4 cup or as needed)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 0.5 small red onion (cut vertically into slivers)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 0.5 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 jar (12-ounce) roasted red bell peppers in olive oil and garlic (drained and thinly sliced)
- 5 sundried tomatoes in oil (coarsely chopped)
- 0.5 cup kalamata olives (pitted and halved )
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.25 cup red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for approximately 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. The cauliflower should be nicely browned in places and just tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the other ingredients except for the olive oil in a large bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, fold it into the other ingredient, drizzle with remaining olive oil as needed and serve immediately.