Whiskey Glazed Brownies
The View From the Great Island
Whiskey Glazed Brownies ~ because the only way to improve on a fabulously decadent frosted brownie is to add whiskey, of course!
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips ((or 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chop))
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- dry ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder ( (I like Hershey's Special Dark) )
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.75 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or 3 squares semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 0.66666666666667 cup rough chopped toasted walnuts
- Set oven to 350F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chocolate, stir over low heat to melt completely. Whisk or beat in the sugar until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and add to the wet, stirring just to combine.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan. I like to line it with a long sheet of parchment paper so I can lift the brownies out for easier cutting, but that's optional.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on your pan and your oven. Check with a toothpick, it should come out without wet batter on it.
- Cool the brownies before glazing.
- To make the glaze melt the butter in a small saucepan. Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until fully melted.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, salt, vanilla and whiskey. Blend until silky smooth.
- Pour the glaze onto the cooled brownies and spread out gently with a spatula. Sprinkle on the walnuts. Let the glaze firm up before cutting into squares.