White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies
The View From the Great Island
White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies ~ These are deep rich gingery butterscotch-y blondies studded with lots of white chocolate ~ guaranteed to get you into the holiday spirit!
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (plus 1 tablespoon )
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1¼ cups packed light-brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar (plus 2 tablespoons )
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a 17x12 inch baking sheet pan (the kind with the rim) with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extra yolk, one at a time. Blend in the vanilla, molasses, and spices.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the bowl, and blend just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking sheet. Take a few moments to spread it out and get an even layer from side to side and end to end.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the edges are browned. Let the gingerbread cool in the pan before slicing, and dust with a little powdered sugar, if you like.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island