White Mushroom and Ham Pizza
The View From the Great Island
This Quick Mushroom and Ham Pizza is a warm and cozy pizza that you can whip up on a whim because it's made with...wait for it...refrigerated dough!
- i can refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust)
- olive oil
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 0.5 cup leftover ham, diced in small bits
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (1.25l) fish stock (plus more if you love extra cheese) shredded mozzarella cheese (I used bagged finely shredded cheese)
- Set oven to 450F
- Unwrap the dough and form the rectangle into a ball by turning the edges under until it becomes a smooth round shape. Set it on a surface that has been dusted with cornmeal, cover with plastic, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rests, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and saute the mushrooms, garlic, ham and thyme until the mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 10 inch round and transfer to a pan or baking sheet. If you like a thinner crust you can roll out to a 12" round.
- Make dimples all over the dough with your fingertips and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Lay down a layer of cheese, and then add the mushrooms. I usually add a little more cheese over parts of the mushrooms, leaving at least half of them showing.
- Bake the pizza for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden browned and everything is melted and sizzling. Serve right away.