Whole Wheat Banana & Walnut Bread
Whole wheat banana bread that is moist and fluffy. Resting the batter for about 10 minutes before baking makes the whole wheat soft resulting in a softer bread.￼
- (- softened (1 stick))
- (Light or)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups bananas (Mashed (about 3 medium very ripe ))
- 2 eggs (Large (or 2tbsp egg replacer whisked with 6tbsp water))
- 2 cups whole wheat flour ((I used KAF white whole wheat flour))
- (- chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the banana, honey and eggs, beating until smooth.
- Add the flour and nuts, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and let it rest for room temperature, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 50 minutes. Lay a piece of foil gently across the top, and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, 10~15 minutes more.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.