Wholewheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies made with 100%Whole wheat. These cookies are soft and chewy and are packed with chocolate chips.
- 6 tbsps unsalted butter (, at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup sugar (Granulated)
- ½ packed brown sugar (cupLight , lightly)
- 3 tbsps honey
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- ½ tsp espresso (powder)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Egg water (replacer whisked in 3tbsp (or use 1 large egg))
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups Wholewheat Flour (White)
- 2 ~ 3 cups Chocolate (Semisweet Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, honey, vanilla, espresso powder and salt until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, egg replacer mixture (or egg), baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in the flour, then the chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
- Drop 1~1¼" balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10~11 minutes, until their bottoms are just starting to turn brown. They might look undone and very soft, but that's OK, these cookies are supposed to be soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, then allow them to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout