Yellow Curry Chicken Meatballs
The Honey Blonde
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp curry seasoning (separated)
- 1 egg
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 1 can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, almond meal, 2 tsp of the seasoning, and about 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix together until combined.
- Form in to golf ball sized balls. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle with 2 tsp of oil. Place meatballs in skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side until completely browned. Remove meatballs from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over onions and stir around the skillet to slightly toast the spices for about 30 seconds.
Then pour in coconut milk and stir to scrape up all the bits of onion, chicken, and spices from the bottom of the pan.
Bring to a low simmer, then add meatballs back in. Cook for about 5 minutes, then flip meatballs and cook for another 5 minutes, or until meatballs have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde